عنوان مقاله [English]
Children with intellectual disability experience many problems in their
everyday lives and educational issues. One of these important issues exists in
visual perception. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to examine the
effect of sport vision training on visual perception of children with
intellectual disability in Isfahan city. 30 children were selected from
educable students with intellectual disability (7-11 years old) as the sample
and were randomly assigned to two groups (each group 15 subjects):
experimental and control. Before the training, children with intellectual
disability underwent Wechsler IQ test and educable children entered the
study. Also, before the training, the TVPS - II visual perception pretest was
administered. Then, experimental group had their training for 8 weeks, 3
sessions per week and 45 minutes each session. In the final stage, TVPS - II
visual perception pretest was conducted. Based on the results of the
MANCOVA analysis (with the control of pretest scores) sport vision
training had an effect on the mean of all visual perception components
except for form constancy test in the posttest (P<0.05). The results of this
study showed that sport vision training can improve the visual perception of
children with intellectual disability. Therefore, it is suggested that sport
vision training is also used to treat and rehabilitate these children in the
1. Emerson E. (2003). Mothers of children and adolescents with intellectual disability: social
and economic situation, mental health status, and the self assessed social and
psychological impact of the child's difficulties. Journal of intellectual disability Research.
47(4-5), pp. 385-399.
2. Stein DJ, et al. (2010). What is a mental/psychiatric disorder? From DSM-IV to DSM-V.
Psychological medicine. 40(11), pp. 1759-1765.
3. Gardner MF, et al. (1996). TVPS-R: Test of Visual-perceptual Skills (non-motor) revised:
Manual. Psychological and Educational Publications
4. Kulp, M.T., K.E. Edwards, and G.L. Mitchell. (2002). Is visual memory predictive of
below-average academic achievement in second through fourth graders? Optometry &
Vision Science. 79(7), pp. 431-434.
5. Koshesh M and et al. (2006). Comparison of the distinct visual perception in three groups
of normal, trained, mentally retarded students with undesirable learning disorders under
the well-being of Tehran. Rehabilitation. 7(4), pp. 52-56. (In Persian).
6. Simin ghalam M, Bakhshi A. (2011). The Investigation of Motor- free Visual Perception
Skills in Educable Children with Developmental Coordination Disorder in Tehran.
Knowledge and Research in Applied Psychology- Isfahan Islamic Azad University
(Khorasgan). 12(45), pp. 71-78. (In Persian).
تأثیر تمرین های دید ورزشی بر ادراک بینایی کودکان کم توان ذهنی 273
7. Wilson T, Falkel J. (2014). Sport vision: exercise for better function.(book) Azad
8. Seyedjafari E, Sahebozamani M, Ebrahimipour E. Effect of Eight Weeks of Water
Exercises on Deep Part of the Pool on the Static Balance of the Elderly Man. sija. 2017;
12 (3) :384-393. (In Persian).
9. MF Zupan, AW Arata, A Wile, R Parker. (2006). Visual adaptations to sports vision
enhancement training. Optometry today.
10. Abernethy, JM Wood. (2001). Do generalized visual training programmes for sport really
work? An experimental investigation. Journal of sports sciences.
11. Jahromi N, Rezaeeyan F, Haghighat S. (2012). The Effect of Native and Local Games on
the Students' Visual/Motional Growth among mental retarded students in Pre-School and
Elementary First-Graders in the city of Shiraz. Exceptional Education. 3 (111), pp. 29-38.
12. Cho ml, DJ Kim, Y Yang. Effects of visual perceptual intervention on visual-motor
integration and activities of daily living performance of children with cerebral palsy.
Journal of physical therapy science. 27(2), pp. 411-413.
13. Kajbaf M. (2004). Investigating the Detection of Mental Retardation Based on the
American Association for Mental Retardation in a Class of Students in Exceptional
Schools. Daneshvar journal.
14. Pashasharifi H, Nikkho M. (2011). Psychoscience Guide: For clinical psychologists,
counselors and psychiatrists (book). Sokhan publisher.pp, 386-387. (In Persian).
15. Abedi M, Sadeghi A, Rabiei M. (2013). The standardization of the Wechsler IQ test in
children (Fourth Edition) in the province of chaharMahal and Bakhtiari. Journal of
Personality & Individual Differences. (In Persian).
16. Havaie N, Gholamian H, Rezaeie M, Fadaei F, Kamal A. (2009). Determination of
perceived visual acuity skills of elementary school students of 13-11 years old in Tehran
based on the test. Tabriz Medical. 31 (2), pp. 31-36 (In Persian).
17. Khayatzadeh mahani M and et al. (2010). Visual Perceptual Skills in Normal Children
Aged 7 to 13 Years in Tehran City. Rehabilitation. 11 (4), pp. 8-14. (In Persian).
18. Heiz, J. and K. Barisnikov. (2016). Visual–motor integration, visual perception and motor
coordination in a population with Williams syndrome and in typically developing
children. Journal of intellectual disability Research. 60(10), pp. 945-955.
19. Parush, S., et al. (1998). Relation of visual perception and visual-motor integration for
clumsy children. Perceptual and motor skills. 86(1): pp. 291-295.
20. Exner, C.E. (2001). Development of hand skills. Occupational therapy for children. 5, pp.
21. Ebrahimi Z, Aslankhani M, Ebrahimi S, Sepehri H. (2014). The effect of motion-based
program on motor vision skills in students aged 7 to 11 years with impaired fertility
coordination. 1(1), pp. 1-9 (In Persian).
274 رشد و یادگیری حرکتی _ ورزشی، دورة 10 ، شمارة 2، تابستان 1397
22. Behzadi F, Rahimi C, Mohamadi N. The Effect of neurofeedback instruction on visual
perception of primary school students with dyscalculia Advances in Cognitive Science.
2014;16:1-12 (In Persian).
23. Jahani aghdam. (2000). The effect of therapeutic vision on visual information processing
disorders in 6 to 9 year old mental retard children [MSc]. welfare & rehabilitation
department, Iran university. (In Persian).
24. Song, M., E. Lee, and S. Park. (2015). The Effect of Dynamic Visual-Motor Integration
Training on the Visual Perception Reaction Velocity. Journal of The Korean Society of
Integrative Medicine. 3(4), pp. 37-42.
25. Gayton, C. and E. Hall. (2008). Medical physiology. Beograd: Savremena administracija.
26. Valinia Z, Heirani A, Yazdanbakhsh K. (2010).The Effect of Eight-Week Perceptual-
Motion Exercise Program on Motor Function in Children with Developmental Disorders.
Sport Psychology. 5(9), pp. 12-20. (In Persian).
27. Poon, K., et al. (2010). The effect of a computerized visual perception and visual-motor
integration training program on improving Chinese handwriting of children with
handwriting difficulties. Research in developmental disabilities. 31(6), pp. 1552-1560.
28. Nesai Moghadam B, Malekpour M, Abedi A, Mafakheri Z. (2011).The effective of sand
play therapy on visuo-motor perception development in children with educable mental
retardation in Isfahan city, Iran. Research in Rehabilitation Science. 8(3), pp. 553-560. (In
29. Khodabandeh V, Farahbod M, Pishyareh E, Rahgozar M. (2015). Motor-independent
Visual Perception Skill Indexes Are Related with Reading Skills in Children with
Cerebral Palsy. Rehabilitation. 16 (3), pp. 252-260. (In Persian).
30.Andreas CB. Promotion of visual perceptual development through therapeutic art